Sunday, March 23, 2014

Happy Birthday, Kappa Alpha Theta

Happy Birthday to the classiest, kindest, and most studious group of women on campus, Kappa Alpha

Theta! Since Jan. 27, 1870 women of Kappa Alpha Theta Fraternity have become leaders and role

models all over the United States as well as in Canada. Theta currently has more than 135 chapters

at colleges and a total initiated membership of more than 230,000! These upstanding ladies wear the

letters with pride and demonstrate to the world what Theta means to all of us lucky enough to be

members. Personally, I have only been officially a member of Theta for a little over a week, but I can

already say I feel incredibly blessed. Theta stands for scholarship, leadership, service, and so many other

virtues I hold near and dear to my heart. The members of Kappa Alpha Theta sorority, both on Wake’s

campus and nationwide are some of the most impressive women I have ever met. I know being a part

of Theta will provide me with lifelong friends, just as it has been doing for women since 1870. So happy

birthday, Kappa Alpha Theta, may you forever fly high!

No comments:

Post a Comment