Thursday, November 14, 2013

You are LΘVED

Wake lost a great person today. I knew Pillow, and while we weren’t best friends, he still found a way to work his way into my life. I talked to him 2 days ago, he was the definition of a Southern gentleman, and he made everyone’s day a little bit better by being around. I went to Andrew Pillow’s remembrance gathering, and I was overwhelmed by the love I saw.

At least a hundred people were crammed into the mailroom in Benson. People talked about funny memories, cried, and just remembered what a force for good Pillow was. I looked around the room and saw people were holding hands, comforting each other, and just being together. They shared stories, we laughed and we cried, and it was clear Pillow left a profound imprint on this campus.  I wondered if he knew what a great impact he had on so many people, and how loved he was. Pillow mattered at Wake, and I can only hope he knew that.

I wanted to take a second and say to always remember that you matter. You matter to me. You matter to your family. You matter to all of your sisters. You’ve positively impacted me, Theta, and Wake just by being yourself. Today made me pause and reflect on how short life is, yet how impactful that short time can be. It’s so easy to get caught up in schoolwork, studying, the social scene, and everything else we do, but I urge you to take a second and reflect on what you’re thankful for. I’m so thankful for a variety of things: my family, my faith, my friends, and my sisters.

I encourage you to take a moment and tell someone how much they matter to you, and how much you love them. And, remember you are loved. You are loved so much more than you ever imagined.
 
Theta LΘVE and mine

No comments:

Post a Comment